2012年1月10日星期二

Was A Video Game Cosplay Record Set In Wi

,cheap jimmy choo

In their "wacky news" sections, many mainstream media sources are reporting that a cosplay record has been broken in Wisconsin. The Associated Press (via The Washington Post) says a New Berlin costume company broke the world's record in video game cosplay by gathering 425 jerks to dress like game characters. The Guiness Book of Records has apparently certified this gathering as the the top in the world for people dressed as video game characters gathered in one place. But I say, "POPPYCOCK,jimmy choo boots!" Seriously, I just screamed "Poppycock,jimmy choo outlet!"at the top of my lungs.First off, nothing good has ever happened in Wisconsin. You can look that up. Secondly: At this year's Comic-Con (and at last year's, and the year before that, etc.) there were many, many more people dressed in video game costumes gathered in one place. There were more people in video game costumes gathered at PAX Prime, PAX East and any other sizable video game convention as well.This leads me to one conclusion: The Guiness Book of Worlds Records is kind of a sham. While a great source of information for stories about people who wear beards made of bees, and fat twins riding mopeds, for video game related records, it's not a very accurate source. I pains me to see a once great reference journal reduced to this kind of nonsense.I need a tissue. And a week off. And a hundred thousand dollars to continue my research.Source: Washington PostAll of the best people are following Stephen Johnson's twitter feed. Also, email me if you wanna.

没有评论:

发表评论